• Narrow screen resolution
  • Wide screen resolution
  • Auto width resolution
  • Increase font size
  • Decrease font size
  • Default font size

There Are Plenty of Broadband Providers Out Now - But Which Are the Best?

There are many types of broadband providers out there, I know because I've used quite a few personally at home and in work. In the next few pages I will give you my personal opinion of each and give you the pros and cons on each of them.

These first few are the ones I've used, Tiscali, BT, Sky, AOL and currently Eclipse. I own a computer repair shop and spend a lot of my time repairing computers or doing call-outs to people who can't get online with their provider. A lot of this is down to simple setting up of the equipment but there have been a few instances of faulty equipment, more often than not the filter they provide.

There are some good deals out now, Tiscali spring to mind where for £15 at the moment you get broadband plus your line rental is included in this price. Where I live line rental is over £10, so really you are paying less than £5 for broadband. Included in this are free evening and weekend calls for local numbers. I will go into more detail on the Tiscali page.

I will also be going over some of the other providers I haven't used but have seen working through work and things I've picked up from some of my customers.

I now want to explain quickly a few differences that some of my customers get confused about regarding types of Internet usage. The main problem is the difference in mobile and wireless. Somebody came into the shop the other day, bought everything I told him he needed to go wireless as his friend had suggested then brought it back, everything opened, telling me it wouldn't work.

After calling to his house I found the problem quite quickly, he didn't have a land line. I explained he needed mobile and took everything back and then had to try and re-sell the equipment after the boxes had been opened.

Labels:

Broadband Internet